Beliefs in God and His Authority
Kerusso exists under obedience to our Heavenly Father in how we live and learn.
1. The Bible is the complete inspired, infallible, inerrant and authoritative Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16.
2. There is One God, eternally existent in Three Persons: Father, Son (Jesus Christ) and Holy Spirit. Ephesians 1:3-14.
3. Salvation can only be obtained through regeneration by the Holy Spirit through faith alone. Ephesians 1:13.
Beliefs on Leadership
Kerusso exists to proclaim truth of leadership using the Word of God as its founding source.
4. The Bible describes leadership as a spiritual gift. Romans 12:8
5. Spiritual gifts and knowledge come from the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and through the Spirit we are led to use these gifts for His Glory. Therefore, leadership is a Spirit led, Jesus modeled task. Romans 5:5; 12:4-8; 1 Corinthians 12. Acts 20:28
6. The Bible illustrates and encourages godly leaders and describes leadership as a noble task. 1 Timothy 3:1
7. The Bible calls leaders to model their faith and instructs them in how to treat their followers. 1 Peter 5:2
Beliefs on development of a Christ-Centered Leadership
Kerusso exists to develop Christ-Centered Leaders.
Paul describes Jesus in Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
8. Humility: A Christ-Centered Leader does not look after his own interest but the interest of others.
9. Servant: A Christ-Centered Leader takes on the form of a servant.
10. Sacrifice: A Christ-Centered Leader humbles himself by being obedient to God by denying self.
Beliefs on serving and encouraging the church
Kerusso exists to serve and encourage the church to reach its mission.
11. Jesus commands us to reach the world with the gospel. Mark 16:15. Matthew 28:18-19
12. The church accomplishes this task through “laborers” of the harvest , which Jesus says are only a few. This is why Kerusso believes we should invest in these laborers to encourage them through leadership development. Matt 9:37
13. We serve the church by using innovative strategies, processes and systems to reach the unreached. 1 Corinthians 9:22