Now in it’s 14th year in Cambodia, World Relief is committed to working alongside the Church of Cambodia in building its capacity to serve the poor in the name of Jesus Christ so that the healing and transforming power of the Kingdom of God is manifested in all its fullness in Cambodia.
World Relief focuses on five key sectors.
1. HIV/AIDS Prevention and Education: WR Cambodia equips churches, community health groups, and the community to teach their neighbors and bring about lasting behavior change.
2. Maternal and Child Health: Projects involve community groups, called Care Groups, formed to educate women on essential health information, such as pre and post natal care.
3. Micro-Enterprise Development: An essential mandate of World Relief is to relieve poverty. To achieve this goal, while ensuring sustainable economic development, by providing small loans to clients across the country.
4. Church Mobilization: WR Cambodia has witnessed the growth of over 700 cell churches in the areas where we work. Supporting these churches by providing leadership and discipleship training, as well as using these groups to disseminate health information is a vital part of our ministry.
5. Trafficking Prevention: WR Cambodia desires to work through the community and the local church to prevent the exploitation and abuse of women and children in Cambodia.
How will Kerusso serve World Relief Cambodia?
World Relief (WR) Cambodia has over 380 Cambodian employees. They have been able to do great work with limited expatriate staff, but in order to keep growing, they need more Cambodian leaders. Kerusso is providing partial funding for WR Cambodia to launch a systematic and practical leadership development program that can produce transformational results. The transformation is by taking spiritual leaders and training them in leadership development based on biblical principles to develop them into confident organizational leaders who create strategies and can implement them successfully.